Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Week 37: Still watermelon

I'm 37 again!!!!   37 weeks that is.  Dr. Kristen who has the lucky joy of climbing inside me every week now to check my progress says that it is ok with her if Lucy comes at anytime.  "Now" is now longer early.  We are to get active, walking and such to help move things along. 

Since Jason is getting over a (thankfully) milder version of what I had this weekend I'm sure that we'll start the neighborhood treks shortly.  We did make a pit stop on the way home from the doctor today and it rather wiped us both out.  He's downstairs recouping while I'm in the office "working"  (super hard as you can tell.)

Dr. K says we are 3 cm dilated and while she can feel Lucy's head we're not quite ready just yet.  I have been warned to be ready for a messy onslaught in my girlie area (no details I promise.)  I'm sure that was pleasant for Jason to get to hear. For the uninitiated when you get to 10 cm you are considered fully dilated.  Last week we were at zero.

Lucy is sitting at station -2.  This chart  shows what that is all about, but essentially it is where her head is located as she moves through the pelvic region.  There has been movement since last week, but not much.  When she's at station 4 I'll be pushing with all my might to get the little peanut out.

I have the impression that things really get moving when we get to 0 or 1.   I'm not anxious to get the ball rolling just yet in that there's a baby shower for Lucy on Saturday and I really want to be there.  While it would be nice for everyone to see the baby, I would rather still be pregnant at that point.

Dr. K says that 1st time babies are notoriously late, which I've heard, but I'm hopeful I won't we walking around for days on end willing Lucy to vacate her warm little home.

Weight wise, I took a hit this weekend with the flu and dropped about a half a pound in a week that I should have gained 1.  Neither the nurse or the doc seemed overly worried and agreed we did the right thing by heading to the hospital on Saturday.

Not my belly, but one of similar size.

No comments:

Post a Comment