Monday, February 28, 2011

Week 41: Seriously?

Yup... we have achieved week 41 in our baby generating factory.  I didn't think there was a size bigger than the watermelon that was described in week 39 and 40 but indeed, there is.

Now, when I think of pumpkins I think of the massive 20 pound Halloween gourds, but they do come in sizes more reasonable - such as the 6-9 pounds that the baby application is projecting Lucy to be.

We really don't think she'll be anywhere near the 6 pound mark, but are hopeful that 9-10 pounds is also not realistic either.  I am not holding out much hope that we'll get to dress Lucy in the newborn clothes, I think we'll be in the 0-3 month outfits from the get go. 

Either way, a healthy baby, regardless of size is the most important thing.

As you know we were due last Wednesday and the waiting is a process.  Every little pang or twinge I feel is reason for excitement and yet.... here I sit at my desk Monday morning feeling pretty much like I did last week.

We have an appointment with the doctor again this week and will discuss options for Lucy retrieval when we see Dr. K. Of course, she could come "any time" but she seems pretty happy inside. 

I am getting nervous.  I'm not scared about the practical things - diapering, cleaning or even feeding - we've got a high level of comfort in that area.  I'm just nervous about the transition from our quiet two person household where we eat dinner when we're hungry and do things on our schedule to a world not about us.  I'm sure it will work out, we aren't the first family to go through it, nor will we be the last. 

It is sweet the number of people who are offering to come by and bring a meal or two to help us in the beginning.  Those offers are being accepted readily.  I'm sure we will be cooking but any meal we don't have to manage ourselves will be wonderful. 

So, here we are, Lucy is tucked inside (break dancing) and our laundry is done, the beds are made and I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment