Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Week 38

Just got back from the OB, and there has been little change from last week.  I am 30% effaced and about 1 cm dilated.  Which means... we're still very pregnant and not in immediate need of hospital services.

I misheard the doctor last week when I thought she said I was 3 cm dilated.  Not a chance.  We are solidly closed up and it could be that I slept poorly last night, but I'm cranky about it today.

The appointment is quick.  Pee, blood pressure, pants off, the doctor crawls up inside, gives me the no progress news and then I'm done.

Oh, there was the dark moment on the scale today.  I gained 10 pounds from last week.  I believe it is mostly water as my legs are surely turning into stumps.  You know you're puffy when there is a line in your leg from the top of the socks.

I've been told to drink lots of water and curb the salt.  I think that means the end of dining out for a while.  Drat, Jason will simply have to cook for me.  Tonight I shall order chicken and salad.  Tomorrow, shrimp scampi...

I really did have a terrible nights sleep last night and I think it is clouding my judgment.  For the most part I am doing really well, the blood pressure looked good, the elevated protein in my urine from last week was gone and except for wanting to go nap I feel ok.

Yes, I'm ready to get the ball rolling on the bringing baby home front, but I can wait.  She'll be with us for years and years so these next few days (weeks) should be easy to endure.



According to the baby size iPhone application, Lucy isn't really changing size much this week but her brain is developing and her skin is finally turning pink.  A brain and skin... amazing!  Can't wait to meet you kiddo.

No comments:

Post a Comment