With the combined donation of Jordan's 0-3 month clothes and the influx of new items I don't think I'll ever have to do laundry for the first 3 months. The amount of tiny tops, tiny onsies and itty bitty socks are amazing. We did a load of laundry last night and the drawers are over flowing.
I told Jason that I'm happy that we're church going people, just so that I have an excuse to put Lucy in one of the millions of adorable dresses we received. He reminded me that we wear jeans to church, but I told him it didn't matter, the baby is going to be in dresses. Plus, Jordan's dad tells us that the infant jeans are cute but a pain in the butt to get on and off, and when you're diaper changing every few hours easy access is the key.
At the baby shower the guests were sparred the traditional shower games. No one had to taste baby food or try to identify the strange baby related items or diaper a balloon while blindfolded. Jen did interview my mom and shared all sorts of information about me that I have no recollection of. For example:
I didn't walk until I was 18 months old. It turns out this is more a symptom of the fact that my mom wouldn't set me down rather than my slow development.
My first words were "Daddy go work". A complete sentence to show that I really was a bright child.
My brother liked to tell people that "his baby has two butts". A four year old doesn't really have male and female anatomy down pat and I get to him, the female genitalia looked like a second butt. (NICE)
It was announced to the room that I ate my own poop. I do not remember this, I don't recall this story, but my mom felt compelled to tell the whole room full of moms that "every kid eats their own poop!" 99% of the ladies at the party pulled me aside to tell me that it isn't the case. So, what I'm guessing is that 100% of my mom's kids had a poop ingestion incident. Poop smears happen - but poop to the mouth that is hopefully avoidable. If it's not avoidable in Grandma TP's house then maybe Lucy doesn't get to solo visit until she is potty trained.
In all the generous gift giving that occurred we only received one duplicate gift and Jason and I took it back and exchanged it for the super important diaper genie.
Thankfully there was a football game on tv yesterday and I was able to draft almost all of my thank you notes and they will be in the mail tonight. Yeah for Becky to told me she would punch me in the nose if I sent her a thank you note. I'm throwing a party for Becky right now!!!! Woo Woo
The party was great, it was busy and by bed time I was zonked. I think I was asleep before my body even rested on the mattress.
No comments:
Post a Comment