Tuesday, February 22, 2011

T minus 1 day

Today marks the last official day of pregnancy. I'm 100% confident (kidding) that at 12:01 on tonight that Lucy will announce her arrival. Right on time like a good girl.

There's no reason for her to wait any longer, right!? Right... Hello McFly?

I thought we had action Sunday, but it was just an upset stomach. I guess it's not that unusual to be nauseous.  That's all well and good, but tossing your cookies at REI is not something that was on my game plan for the day.

But, in the afternoon I was able to keep down some yogurt, applesauce and eventually my tasty leftovers from dinner Friday. For most people a plate of food from Cheesecake Factory is probably two meals, for me it was four and I had another "serving" that I threw away because I was "over" it.  I don't have an aversion to leftovers like the other person who lives with me, but I think four servings is plenty.  I prefer to dine on a meal only twice, but this was tasty.

Due to my stomach situation Sunday I spent most of the day in a quiet position (in bed or on the couch).  It was a boring day for my fella, but he's a good care taker and did zip out to his favorite man-store while I napped.  He came home from Fry's with camera memory and power cords.  Woo Woo (both actually benefit me, and I know he enjoyed his outing, so the woo woo is genuine.)

Yesterday I was well rested and during my President's Day celebration activities (grocery shopping, a pedicure and a trip to Target) I was asked  a few times about the gender and expected arrival of the baby.  I have to say that it is kind of fun to answer the "when is she due?" question with the answer "Wednesday."  The reaction is generally of shock.

The nail salon ladies were the funniest.  There were three of us getting our toes made lovely by three nail professionals.  Nail professional A was clearly in charge and was doing all the greeting and directing to the other two who seemed to have limited English communication skills.  Nail professional C was working on my toes when this went down:

NP A: "Is it a girl?"
Me: (hand instinctively goes to belly) "Yes
NP A: "When is she due?"
Me: Wednesday
NP B (in Vietnamese): What the hell did she say?
NP C (In Vietnamese) Seriously, when is that baby due?
NP A (In Vietnamese): She said Wednesday!
NP B (In Vietnamese): Holy tits on a bull, that's like 48 hours from now.
NP C (In Vietnamese): She better not drop that baby in this tub, I'm not cleaning that up!
NP C (To me, smiling): Wednesday!?
Me: (to NP C): Nodding, yes, Wednesday
Me: (to the lady sitting next to me):  Look, they're all freaking out.
Lady (laughing) I know, they're in shock
NP A (In Vietnamese): She should be at home, crazy lady.
NP C (In Vietnamese):  If her water breaks when I massage her feet, I quit!
NP B (In Vietnamese): Oh get over it, she'll name the baby after you.
NP C (In Vietnamese): I'd be happy with a $5 tip.
NP C (to me): Your nail look nice. Real pretty.


Today, I really am going to get my last work things wrapped up so I can safely go into labor without any pressure.  We'll see if Lucy gets the hint.  I've been doing jumping jacks, jogging and I rented a bouncy house to jump around in. The cold weather sucks some of the fun out of the bouncy house, but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment