Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Week 39: Still Pregnant after all these years

Well, we've done it.  We've sustained a healthy pregnancy for 39 weeks and according to Dr. Kristin (who has the coldest hands) we'll be reaching the 40 week milestone with no concern for an "early" birth.

At this point, that news is fine.  While Lucy is 100% welcome to join us in the outside world she seems pretty content inside.  Dr. K doesn't believe there is any indication that Lucy will be making her appearance in the next two weeks.  I am more "effaced" and my cervix is starting to ripen (get soft) these are good signs but I am only 1 cm dilated and the little contractions I'm having three or four a day don't qualify as exciting in her book. 

So, we wait.

Today was my last scheduled appointment and it was somewhat disappointing to make appointments for the following two weeks, but I have a MUCH better attitude today than I did last week.  I was prepared for little progress this week.

I'm also thrilled to report that the 10 pounds I gained the week prior I have successfully peed out.  My legs are still stumpy towards the end of the day, but for the most part I'm not as puffy as I was last week.  The Cankles are gone Yeah!  It seems that the lower salt, lots of water strategy was good.  Yes, I'm peeing 5 times between 10 pm and 6 am, but that's ok.

Back to Dr. K's hands.  You would think based on where her hands go all day long that they would be warm. but no - she is icy.   Brr.

Also, when I went to the rest room at the doctors office to give my required urine sample (who knew that a pregnant lady has her pee tested more often than a professional baseball player) someone had been there before me and they "let it mellow".  Um  hey knocked up lady... THAT IS GROSS.   I'm a let it mellow at night especially now that I'm going so much, but that's in my own home with a partner who sleeps through the night, in a public place - IT IS NOT OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment