Thursday, January 27, 2011

Week 36: "Holy Sweet..."

It's official, we have hit the watermelon stage.  At 6.5 pounds and a belly that won't quit there is no way to hide what is going on in my life.

I find that I'm getting the knowing smile more often and later in the day my movements are more effort. Sleep is an every other night kind of thing but I'm trying to focus on being happy.  I don't want to whine when I know that there are women out there who have gone through hell. 

Yesterday was the first of the now weekly OB appointments and the doc did an exam that was so invasive it made my teeth hurt.  I'm thankful she warned me that there might be some "residue" after the appointment because I might have panicked and made an emergency appointment.

With 3-4 weeks left reality is setting in and I"m trying to get as much work done as possible so as to not leave a gaping mess behind.  It's hard because I want to putter around the house or sit and watch mindless tv.  Neither are ok for someone who works at home.

I should be ready to "go" any moment but I'm hopeful that Lucy will hang out inside for at least the next three weeks.  The baby shower is the 5th, and I really want to go, so she has to chill until then.

The doc says I'm not at all dilated or effaced... which bodes well for my personal time line.  This could change any day. 

Everyone said the last month would be the slowest, and I'm afraid it will fly by...

No comments:

Post a Comment