Tuesday, January 4, 2011

the rash continues

It is getting better, but the dry winter weather we've been having lately has not been helping. I usually get the "itchies" on my legs when it is super dry out and to combine that with an actual medical issue has made me a bit uncomfortable. Thankfully, the lotions are helping and the weather is about to turn wet again.

The belly (and truth be told, breast) rash seems to be diminishing into a mostly visibly unappealing issue. I've been wrapped tightly in a sports bra which has helped "the ladies" stay put. This helps tremendously. On New Years I wore a fancy bra and there was "jiggle room" and there was enough movement to make me crazy. Since then, I've been tied to the sports bra - uni-boob be damned.

The sleepy, drugged effects of the super-antihistamines have worn off and I am a fully functioning person again. That first day was a whopper, but maybe I simply needed a nap. Thank heavens for a slow day.

ouchie (not me)
This rash could continue until after the birth but we shall all pray that that is not the case.  This picture is NOT me, my rash is not this bad and I do not have a what would at this point seem like the worst idea ever for a tattoo.

I'm sure this poor woman is in agony and this picture reminds me that I am LUCKY that my case is about 90% less severe than hers.  Seeing it does make me itch though... I must stop looking at it, but I can't take my eyes away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment