Lucy isn't growing much in length these days, but she's "packing on the pounds."The book says she's still a large canteloupe, but instead of 5 and a half pounds she should be up to 6 pounds. I think it is likely more than that considering our ultrasound estimate on the 6th said 5 pounds and babies gain about 1/2 pound a week.
I'm not going to start worrying that she's a monster unless we get to be more than a week late for delivery. Next week starts our weekly doctor appointments and we'll get a better idea of when things will start to move.
I do find that my back is hurting at night. Finding the sweet spot in bed is difficult. It is certainly better on my left side, but man that gets so old. Jason said that I moved to my back the other night and was snoring like a monster for about 2 hours. He knew all I needed to do was roll over, but he didn't want to wake me for fear that I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. (Apparently it was such an unpleasant experience that he left me for a while and watched tv in the loft until I quieted down.) I've been told that my snoring is acceptable until about a month after the baby is born and then he'll be poking me again to make me roll over. We won't be sleeping the first month anyway, so "whatever".
Ironically, I need to pee about every 2 hours which results in a complete body shift and he said he was sending me a mental vibe "you need to get up and pee!" but it didn't happen. whoops.
Jason and I have been laughing lately at my size. There's absolutely no question that I'm knocked up. Strangers at church are asking when I'm due and I'm getting the knowing look from other mothers and especially other pregnant ladies. It's a club for sure.
We have committed to packing our "to the hospital" bag by next weekend and I've already started pulling out things for Miss Lucy. The camera is charged and I'm trying to wrap things up at work so I can just be gone when I need to. This thing is getting really real.
No comments:
Post a Comment