Thursday, December 30, 2010

rash

The rash on my belly is "pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy" a fancy term for a rash that develops in less than 1% of pregnant women in their 3rd trimester. It happens a lot in women carrying twins and those who gain a lot of weight. (neither of those define me) It is associated with ladies who have stretched skin across their belly. (that defines me)

I've been put on a topical treatment and an oral antihistamine (stronger than benadryl). I'm sad to say that I'm now a stoned, itchy mom to be. I hope that I'll get use to the antihistamine and that by the end of the weekend I'll be functioning again. Right now, I'm questionable for all weekend activities. (We just canceled our dinner plans and I'm a bit worried about the new years eve party tomorrow.)

Thank goodness I had an OB appointment today or I might have spent my morning stalking dermatologists in order to get some relief.

Should I be proud that I'm in the 1% category? I don't think so.

I'll let you know if it clears up, or if you don't hear from me at all next week you'll know that I'm simply conked out on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment