Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A quick note

I don't really have much to report today, but I thought I would drop in anyway.  The family starts to arrive today for the long holiday weekend and blogging time will be limited.

I'm still feeling good, my heartburn has been manageable.  I do feel rather bulky these days and rolling over in bed is an event that causes me to grunt.  I'm all full of special noises these days - burping, tooting, and now, grunting.  It's hard to feel beautiful with sounds like that popping out of your body at every turn.

I had a terrible night of sleep the night before last and knew I would be retiring early last night.  I took a wonderful soak in my large tub, watched Lucy move from side to side.  It's like having an alien inside.  It's wonderful and rather odd at the same time.


I slept well last night and feel refreshed and energized today.    Yeah!

I'm thankful we cleaned house on Sunday so last night all we had to do was minor puttering.  We watched the baby delivery videos that we'll be missing by not going to class Wednesday.   The classes are good and I like that information is given to us in a variety of ways - I like being able to absorb it on our own pace if we need to.


I did have a giggle that the "cesarean" video was only 4 minutes long.  How nice to have it over so quickly.  They wait until the last 10 seconds of the video to say that the actual procedure is about an hour long.  I think that's bait and switch.

I hope we don't need to go that route, but as Becky put it, does it matter as long as you have a healthy baby at the back end?  Wise girl. 

I filed the claim for the baby leave and the good news is that as long as we're admitted to the hospital for 24 hours then we don't have to use a weeks worth of vacation to cover a waiting period.  (It will be waived upon admittance to the hospital.)  Yeah!  It will be nice not to use up all vacation so that we can go visit family later in the year.  I think there will be a Denver trip this summer some time and for sure a Yakima trip to show off our Peanut to the relatives who don't travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment