Thursday, December 9, 2010

Week 30: Butternut Squash

Tee hee... my baby looks like a pee pee!  At 17 inches and over 3 pounds it's not a pee pee I'd want to see in real life, but I'm juvenile and will giggle at the butternut squash/penis comparison all I want.

The exciting event from this week - the HICCUPS.  Oh it was so cute.  I was in a meeting Tuesday and sitting back in my chair trying to be comfortable and all of a sudden there was rhythmic bumping and movement.  It went on for about 15 minutes.  I told the gal sitting next to me (a friend from MegaBank) and she whispered back "Oh I want to put my hands on your belly so bad right now!"  Thankfully she held off because it was a professional event and I think it might have thrown the speaker off his train of thought to have one woman lay hands on the pregnant lady in the back row.

Anyway, I'm pregnant enough to see these hiccups and other movements very clearly.  In fact, the other night as I was in that blissful 5 minutes between the time I lay down in bed and the time I'm in a coma my belly got really hard and I could see the distinct bump of a baby part to the right of my stretching belly button.    By the time Jason got to bed (he showers at night) Lucy had moved into a new lesser visible position. 

I felt the hiccups again on my flight out to San Jose Wednesday morning.  I didn't tell the business dude next to me as I figured not everyone cares about the alien in my belly.

 I got a great nights sleep last night and am on a momma high today.  These don't come everyday as some nights I sleep really lightly and the next day is foggy and my tolerance for general silliness is diminished.  I feel for Jason because he really can't tell which wife he's going to get from day to day.  Is it happy glowing, kiss me wife or "touch me and die" wife.  So far, the touch me and die has not really happened, but I've had moments of "if I have to hear XX (song, commercial, whistle) again I'm going to scream".  

Since I'm out of town Jason went to our second baby birth prep class on his own.  He had a friend with him (thank you auntie Jod for the support) and he was really glad he went.  They talked about the techniques the dads (and partners) can use to keep momma calm during labor.  These skills will come in handy during the dark hours before we head to the hospital and the glorious moment the drugs drip into my spine. 

On another note, for someone who is obviously aware that she is pregnant I'm awfully dense about when the subject comes up.  Yesterday as I was walking out of the work cafeteria with a new co-worker she pointed and said, "Oh, there's a baby in there."  I turned to look behind me to see what she was pointing at.  Hey dummy, it's you!    At the conference on Tuesday someone asked me when I was due and I responded in a confused tone "Well, I guess I'm due home whenever the meeting is over, why do you ask?"  Silly me, I guess when I'm in work mode I'm in work mode...big baby belly and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment