Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Baby's T-1 Christmas

Lucy made out ok for the holidays this year.  Considering she didn't have to buy anyone any gifts or be held by strangers she received some lovely treats. Cousin Lynne (Jason's cousin) made Lucy a super cute blanket in her colors (the green and pink go smashingly with Lucy's room.

Grandma Susie gave Lucy a sweet pj set that will be fun to see her in.  I'm thankful for clothes that are not infant sizes as we're getting hand-me-downs for the newborn and infant to 3 month sizes.  These items are barely used and have a short shelf life (borrowing is AWESOME.)  The bigger girl clothes will be fun to wear later on. 

With that said I am happy about the sweet pink layette outfit that was sent to us from Denver.  It is beyond pretty and I'm happy I don't have to give it back to anyone. 
Blanket from Cousin Lynne

cutie outfit from Grandma Susie

pretty layette from Colorado

As for me, I made it though the holiday ok. One minor emotional breakdown that Jason handled with kindness and care and a couple nights of strange sleep patterns. The first was due to the re-emergence of the skin rash. This time it is on my big pregnant belly. I've been applying the special lotion and trying to keep from scratching, but wow - it is hard to do. It is also hard not to say the line from Silence of the Lambs "it puts the lotion on its skin" while I apply the ointment to my red belly.

The second sleep issue was just a matter of being overly tired. We hosted the all family event Sunday (which was a lot of fun) but I was DONE when the party was over. My family (Jason and his parents) are AWESOME in that they let me me retire upstairs to take a bath while they cleaned up. I felt guilty and yet I needed to sit. This is probably the only time it will be offered and I said "thank you!" Even though exhaustion was present, sleep was allusive and I ended up taking a benadryl to conk myself out. It helps with the rash too, but mostly it puts me to sleep. I try not to use too many drugs, but this was needed.

Tomorrow is the second of four every other week doctors appointments and then on the 26th we start with the weekly trips. (joy oh joy). The time is winding down -- 8 weeks to go. I'm trying to focus on enjoying these last weeks of Jason & Me time before our world is rocked.

Someone said to a different new mommy was "don't wish away any stage" because it all goes so fast and they will be 17 before you know it. So, I'm not wishing these last 2 months to pass by any faster than they need to. I'm (mostly) comfortable and feeling really good so there's no need to wish away these few weeks of waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment