I'm trying to pull together clothes for an upcoming camping trip. I'll need shorts, t-shirts, some jeans (in case it drops below 70 at night) and of course the swimsuits.
I'm set in the shirts, sweatshirts, bathing suit department, but my shorts situation is grim. I have one pair of jean shorts that are still comfortable and one pair that only feel ok after the second day of wearing and stretching. My drawer full of summer shorts are ALL too tight on my expanding tummy. :(
I did buy one pair of maternity shorts, but I have long mocked women who transition into maternity clothes too early and feel internal pressure to not to don them too soon. My tummy, while bigger than it has been in ages is more squishy than baby. Heck, I'm only in the start of the 11th week.
I may try them on and see what Jason has to say. I need to be comfortable and frankly the shorts I can button are not comfortable. I worry that I'm going to transiton into stretchy pants and not transition out until we send Junior to college. I hear the tale tale sound of the Frump Trumpet calling my name.
I promise, I'm not overly obsessing about the changes my body is going through (or maybe I am). You don't have to worry that I'll starve the Peanut just to stay in my pants... we are eating. I guess I just have to get over the feeling of flub.
In the meantime, do the maternity shorts go on vacation or not? That is the question.

1 comment:
Darling, they have to go on vacation. you must be comfortable..screw it all I say. Wear them with pride and a long shirt.
Post a Comment