Monday, August 16, 2010

Week 13

According to the baby book, this week marks the last of the 1st trimester.  That's a nice milestone. 

We have a doctor appointment today where if we're lucky there's a heartbeat to hear.  We (not so) secretly are hoping for a girl, and know that we'll have to wait for a gender confirmation.  Today will not be the day.

Hoping for a girl and not wanting a boy are NOT THE SAME THING.  We will be happy with whatever gender baby we are lucky enough to get, but I think both of us have visions of a cutie pie running around the house.  I am 100% aware that my visions of a delicate little girl will not be the child we get.  Our little BOJ (bundle of joy) will be loud, clumsy and totally loved.


I heard the Michael Buble' song on the radio Sunday that talks about how he promises to love more than he is loved, and that he just hasn't "met you yet".  It's a sweet song about loving someone you haven't met yet and it made me cry.  The good sweet, happy cry.  Awweee, she's a softy.

Ok, gotta run and eat something healthy before I leave for the doctor.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment