The ultrasound was a hoot. Our little peach was moving all over the place, zipping from one side of his/her zone to the other. The tech was laughing at how busy baby was.
The heartbeat is well within normal range of 160 beats per minute.
We have a brain!
We have kidneys
We have fingers!
We have a normal range of space between the spine and the (I don't know) edge of the baby. Thus our risk numbers for Cystic Fybrosis, Something and someother scary thing have dropped from 1:25 to better than 1:230 and even better odds for the someother scary thing.
They drew blood and will determine if we are carriers for CF, Tay Sacks and the other genetic thingys. Based on our history they don't think we are carriers of the genetically passed Downs Syndrome, but there is always some risk for the "regular" downs. I am going back in 3 weeks to give even more blood to follow some growth thing, and then at 20 weeks we go in for the next big ultrasound. We will get to find out the gender of our baby then. Right now..he/she is just a baby.
I feel a rather large sense of relief after this appointment and it was really fun to see a head, heart and little hands.
The only bummer was they had to draw blood from my wrist and it hurt mightily. I now look like I failed at a suicide attempt. The nice news is that Jason felt bad about the blood draw and is now making me dinner. He says that I can have what I want because I was brave. I don't know about brave, I was simply trying not to throw up....
![]() |
| ouchie |

No comments:
Post a Comment