![]() |
| An unrealistic view of what's happening inside. (My boobs aren't that perky.) |
I have a confession to make. Our originally identified due date was one day earlier than what OB Kristin told us, but I haven't made the switch yet to counting my weeks starting on Thursdays. Seriously, this makes no difference what so ever in the course of the 40 weeks we're going to be pregnant, but I'm enjoying seeing the weeks flip on Wednesdays.
So, we're at (the cusp of) 12 weeks. About to exit the 1st trimester.
I feel great! Pregnant, but great!
We got a call yesterday from Mrs. B., a beloved neighbor in Denver who sounded super excited. We're headed there in October for her 80th birthday party and I'm just guessing that by then I will be very visibly pregnant. (Happy to be flying first class on that trip.)
![]() |
| The Peanut's size this week |
Rather than buy a crib and pick out clothes, they shopped for a funeral home. She managed to blog about her pregnancy and the time they were able to spend with their little Alex. He lived for 5 hours and the mom and dad were able to be with him the whole time. The hospital managed the baby's care (pain) without having to separate the family. I can't imagine the courage it would take to go through what they went through. I wish them all the comfort in the world.
I'm definitely worried about the genetic tests that are coming up on the 16th. I can't help but consider what the most devastating outcome could be, I am a worry wart. Jason has been good about letting me have a moment now and then and doesn't dismiss my worry. We have agreed not to go to the crazy place at the same time. I support him, then he supports me. We don't get to wig out at the same time.
On a happy note, and what's not to be happy about: my hair looks fantastic, that early pregnancy constipation isn't bugging me this week, I have accepted the comfortable maternity shorts and my chest has been transported back to my 20's, I get to do something fun tonight. It is book group night and because I'm solidly at 12 weeks I get to spill the beans. I can't believe I've only known Jason two years and 1 month and we're married, living in a beautiful home and are now making a (hopefully) beautiful baby.
Oh I'm sure we will think we have a beautiful baby, but lets be honest... that isn't always the case. However, if you're on the reading list, you're obligated to NEVER MENTION that our baby looks like Mr. Bean.



No comments:
Post a Comment