What an exciting night. Chelsey & Doug welcomed their daughter Jordan Paige into their loving world this morning at 7:42. She is 5 pounds 12 ounces and 16 inches long. She has a lovely head of black hair and (maybe its the camera angle) the largest hands of any child ever. It's probably the camera angle.
They made a stop at the hospital after work last night and were sent home, we received a text at 11:22pm that they were back at the hospital. It sounds like it was a long night, but mom and baby are happy and healthy. Dad probably isn't doing to bad either.
Because everything (in this blog) is about me, I must say that the reality of this and our baby was obvious, but not until last night did it feel REAL real. I couldn't sleep, and thankfully neither could Jason. We know we're embarking on the same journey, but even with the poochie tummy and the other small signs (like furniture rearrangement) the impending arrival is still very conceptual. Oh it is real, I'm sure of that - every time I sneeze and it feels like my insides are going to pop out, the reality is made clear to me.
We get to go see Miss Jordan tonight after work and I'm super excited.
In other (me) news, I called our OB's office yesterday because of a discrepancy on the due date of a bill and had a good discussion with the office person. We scheduled all of my appointments through November. I like that we're on the schedule and now I know what's going on. I felt a little discombobulated before, like there was no real plan of attack. I know the OB wants to see us monthly, but it wasn't clear if these ultrasound appointments take the place of a regular check up. They don't.
Now, the only thing left to do is...buy a crib, find out the sex, paint the room (yeah for no VOC paint!), figure out the stuff we need, (baby monitors, stroller, car seat, bibs, clothes...)keep growing, and enjoy this unique time in our lives.
First things first... Miss Jordan gets to meet her auntie Terri! yeah.
No comments:
Post a Comment