Thursday, July 29, 2010

Another week under my bursting belt

Prune Laroo
Tomorrow is officially "new size" day, when the Blueberry transitions (on my iPhone application) from a prune to who knows what.

The zone the baby is living in is much bigger than the prune.  Last week the book said it was the size of a grapefruit. I can certainly tell that things are expanding in my middle.  My cute new Eddie Bauer shorts that I bought on sale in May feel like restrictive and cruel clothes.

I'm still able to eat anything I like, but am focusing on protein and trying to stay away from the carbs... trying.  Lately I'm on a peanut butter kick and I hope the whole grain bread is a wise choice.

I did break down and buy some clothes to expand into - mostly under the excuse that they were on sale.  OldNavy.com had some screaming deals and Motherhood Maternity had jeans and a sweater on clearance sale because it is summer and no preggo lady wants a big bulky cardigan in July.  Well, come November I'm going to be HAPPY about my summer purchases.  It doesn't mean I won't go shopping again in the fall, but for now I feel pretty ok.

We're going camping at the end of next week and I'm excited about the trip.  I've been warned that there will be lots of drinking and I'm totally fine with that.  However I won't be holding anyone's hair back while they throw up... it isn't high school.  (I doubt it will be THAT kind of a party.)  Since the group going is rather large if there are people who are out of control it will be easy to avoid them.  Which reminds me, I need to pick out some books to take along so that when they go water skiing (I can't participate) I'll have my paper friends to keep me company. 

So, I'll check in tomorrow and give you the new fruit update.  So far we are happy and good!

No comments:

Post a Comment