Countdown: 32 weeks
Age; 8 weeks, 0 days
The baby is as big as a Raspberry (.5 in long)
Today marks the beginning of the 8th week. We will see the OB in the morning and bombard her with lots of questions. I understand we’ll get to hear the heartbeat then too. EXCITING!!!
This feels very real, and yet a little distant. I’m not having too much trouble with the lack of wine and the caffeine free beverage thing is working out well. The current literature says that limited amounts of caffeine are fine – keeping the intake to under 300 milligrams a day is optimal. While I’m not perfect, I’m way under 300. Today I had a glass of iced tea with lunch, so if the Raspberry has three arms it will totally be my fault. But, think of how fast he or she will be able to type.
8 ounces of iced tea is estimated to have 47 milligrams and I maybe drank 8 ounces, I will be skipping Starbucks Tall Coffee because it has 260 mg. That is too close to the limit for my taste. I would like to be as close to zero as possible.
I am trying to up my fiber intake and was advised to munch on a Fiber One bar. I picked up a box and agree they are tasty. But… they have an unpleasant side effect. Fiber is a key tool in keeping the lower plumbing running smoothly, but who knew there needed to be so much off gassing? I am thankful that I’ve been in a hotel the last couple nights. I’m already a gassy girl, and not sure I need more assistance in that area.
I know.. over sharing. For the record, my sweet pea husband reported that he ate a bar as well and had the same results…
No comments:
Post a Comment