Yet another person blogging about the impending birth of their most precious baby.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Week 28: Head of Cauliflower
Oh the irony. Lucy is now the size of a head of cauliflower (16 inches, 2.5 pounds) and it seems that in addition to a size match they have something else in common. Both give me gas. (tee hee)
Last week I did the dreaded glucose test. We zipped up to the lab Wednesday evening and I choked down the super sweet soda pop and then waited an hour for them to draw my blood.
The soda stuff tasted fine, it was cold and I got it down in 5 minutes. I felt sick for about 10 minutes, and then rallied. By the time the blood draw rolled around I felt perfect. Jason and I went to dinner and discovered that the optimal time to dine out in downtown Bellevue is the night before Thanksgiving. There was parking a plenty and no wait at the usually packed "Earls".
I'm still plagued with the rash on my arms. It is getting better but it seems to alternate between being soothed by long sleeve shirts and being irritated by the same long sleeve shirts. I find that when I lotion up with the acid lotion then sleeveless is best. I am alternating between the AmLactin and a general dry skin lotion and that is really helping.
Saturday night, I was flat out miserable. I think it was a combination of being tired from the weekend, a baby belly growth spurt and a lot of activity. Sunday, thankfully I slept well and seem to have most of my mojo back.
The test results came today on the glucose test and I'm pleased to say that I am normal - not diabetic! I think the irony would have been lost on me to loose all that weight to avoid being diabetic and then to have this baby induce it anyway. I am however, anemic and have (re)started an iron regimen. It doesn't shock me, iron deficiency is common during pregnancy and the gastric bypass makes me even more prone to it. I will take my icky iron pill. It's only icky because iron plugs up the system, but I will do what is necessary to be a healthy girl.
That's about it. Until later this week when we hit a new size milestone.
Labels:
3rd Trimester,
doctor stuff

No comments:
Post a Comment