I made it into Dr. Kristin's office yesterday for my "12:10" appointment (that had been re-scheduled three times by the office) in the blinding snow. Ok, it wasn't that bad, especially after I got onto the freeway. Jason came with and ate up way more than his lunch hour to be with me. The office was running about 45 minutes behind due to the fact that getting to the office was a challenge and by no means were they going to turn away a pregnant mom who was late, but made it. I understand this and other than worrying that Jas was going to have to stay at work until 9pm to make up the time things were good.
The monthly weigh in was good. I go back and forth between worrying I'm gaining too much or not enough. Dr. Kristin say's I'm going perfect. The blood pressure is perfect.
She gave me a recommendation for a lotion to address the itchy arms and BRAVO it has worked. After 1 day I'm 80% better. The lotion has citric acid in it, so it stings like crazy when it first goes on (especially on the raw parts, but it seems to be helping the source of the issue (clogged hair folicles - which is a sometimes side effect of pregnancy.)
We scheduled another ultrasound in the 3rd trimester (after Christmas) to check the growth of my fibroid. (There are two things growing in me right now.) If it gets too big it could impede Lucy's ability to get out and we don't want that. If it is growing we'll have to make an assessment about a c-section. I'm happy about getting to see her again before the big day. Getting to hear the heartbeat makes me happy, seeing her on the screen is just awesome.
I do love being able to feel her movements, but audio and visual is slick!
Dr. K gave me the thumbs down on travel after Christmas, so I'll have to break it to my understanding manager that I'm out of the office for quite a while at that point. If the weather is good I can meet her in Redmond for one on one's. It won't be snowy and icy everyday.
I guess that's about it. We're healthy and happy. Plugging along.
No comments:
Post a Comment