Friday, November 12, 2010

Week 26: Eggplant again...

Must be a bigger eggplant than last week because we're looking at 9.2 inches long and 2 pounds. 

I feel like I'm exploding and while it is nice to have the belly be firm, it is strange to see all the extra skin from my weight loss get used again. I can't tell you how happy I am that I didn't get a tummy tuck LAST year.  My belly button is still an "innie" but it is way less "in" than it has been in a while. 

I have a little bit of a cold this week and my limited medications have made bouncing back rough.  Yesterday I had all sorts of energy and then I slept horribly last night and today I just want to curl up on the couch and eat buttered popcorn.  Oh, and speaking of food that isn't of value I wanted a big mac for lunch today - I wanted one BADLY.  I forced myself to take off my shoes and return to the fridge for lunch food.  What is it about that food that is so darned intoxicating???

I'm sure Lucy thanks me for the Healthy Choice beef tips and apple selection that she was able to enjoy over a salty, sweet, bready burger.  (drool).  In fact, the Big Mac desire has not left me and I'm thankful that Jason has a dinner idea (shrimp scampi)  or I'd be driving us to McD's for a tasty but not good for us meal.

The lady who is in charge of my toenail maintenance said that when she was pregnant she would make her husband take her to McD's and she would eat two entire big mac meals - burgers, fries and soda in one sitting.  He wasn't allowed to even share the fries.  I tell you she is a smallish woman who doesn't look like she could get one burger down let alone two entire meals.

Maybe to get off this obsession I should go step on the scale.

Shoot - here's the bigger more important news, we're officially in the 3rd trimester - next week.  I'll post a baby bump photo soon.  Maybe we'll take one tomorrow when I'm all dolled up for a baby shower (for someone else.)

No comments:

Post a Comment