Well, here we are at what I think is the last week of the 2nd trimester. Jason knows more about the timing than I do. He says that the trimesters aren't evenly spaced and that the second is the longest. He's so good to read up on these things.
My not so favorite thing is the heartburn that I'm getting at night. I haven't had any heartburn since my GB surgery and I didn't think my body was capable of it, but I'm guessing that the baby rules all!
The baby book says we are 15 inches in length now and weigh over 2.2 pounds. The big change from last week is that now we're
Anywho... now that we're big and long you know what the daily activity is - kicking and rolling. Woo Hoo! It has really gone to a whole new level. My favorite thing to do is to lay in bed and watch my belly go bonkers. Actually, my favorite thing to do is to sleep, but that doesn't seem at all exciting to blog about.
I think I mentioned that the multiple trips to the rest room have also resumed. I count myself lucky if I only have to get up twice during the night. I find the 12:30ish trip disturbing because I've only been asleep for an hour and a half at most (ok maybe 2 if I drift off before the end of whatever dramatic show is on at 10.) The 3:30 trip is a dangerous one because if it occurs closer to 4am then my brain starts to kick in and I have to coax myself back to sleep (coax - I'm not sure that the right word - I mean to to manipulate with great perseverance and usually with considerable effort toward a desired state or activity, not the electrical cable with an inner conductor surrounded by a flexible, tubular insulating layer.) I don't think I've ever typed the word 'coax' before... Get back to the point Tangent Girl! As I was saying, at 4:00am, my mind will often scan the scary portions of my mind, "hmm...what should I have gotten done at work yesterday, but didn't. OH NO..." It's hard to get off that topic once it starts running in my head.
We have a trip to the doctor scheduled for next week. It is the last of the once a month trips and then we move to every two weeks. How fun for me! The visits are generally quick - it takes longer to get there than the appointment takes. Thankfully I don't live in the boonies or it would be tempting to skip some all together.
Our OB clinic has the billing to a science. Instead of billing for each and every appointment, we are paying a flat fee for the Doctor's service which includes the pre-natal checkups. All the tests and bloodwork are billed separately but we only had to pay one co-pay for the excellent Doctor Kristen. If we were dinged $10 each visit it would be aggravating. This price doesn't include the hospital, but since we just renewed our health insurance we upped our "flexible spending account" so we'll get the whopper of a hospital charge back right away and then Jason will end up paying for it over the year out of his paycheck - but it will be tax free - so YEAH.
I also have the dreaded "glucose test" next week. I have to drink a shorty soda sized bottle of sugar water and then have my blood drawn to see how I react. I can tell you it won't be good. I get the chills, and an upset stomach (diarrhea) when I consume anything over 30 grams of sugar. The little bottle contains 50 and I'm not looking forward to it. Thankfully, Jason is going to drive me to the test and then hold my hand as I feel sick - but if I pass the test then we're still on the healthy pregnancy path. I don't quite understand the purpose of the test, in that I would NEVER consume that much sugar, so what is the point? I tried to get out of it, but the doctor said that if I don't do the test then she'll manage me as if I do have gestational diabetes - and I'm guessing that is a threat that means business.


No comments:
Post a Comment