A papaya!? I give up.
What we actually have is a tall baby. The technition at the ultrasound today said her legs are really long and that they are pegging her in the 90th percentile for height and weight. Tall is good. Tall could mean WMBA! Just kidding, I wouldn't dream of grooming my child for a future in professional sports just because of the money. No really, I wouldn't.
We were relieved to learn that Lucy is still a girl and that no mistakes were made in the first gender identification round. I told Phil, the ultrasound technician that he would have to come repaint the room it it turned out his original assignment was wrong.
Today's test was all about looking at the heart to monitor the super important blood vessels and according to the doctor, everything looks superb!
Lucy had her hands at her face through the majority of the exam but Phil was able to capture her during a yawn. I know I'm biased, but isn't that just so cute???
The other thing she did while under the scope was press her face to my uterus and give it a little lick. I guess there's not much going on in there and exploring with your mouth is an activity.
The book says she's going to double in size this month. Sadly, we don't get to go back to the ultrasound place unless Dr. G deems it necessary. I doubt my desire to check in and see Miss Lucy will count as "necessary". I wonder how they will know how big she is if they don't do all the monitoring. That's a question to ask on Tuesday I guess.
This might be the last pre-birth photo of our little peanut before her big debut. I think she's awesome.
Oh, and speaking of awesome. Mr. Dad finally got to feel a minor baby kick. More are coming (as she's very active) but I'm happy he was able to feel something.

No comments:
Post a Comment