Sorry, I'm behind the 8 ball and with only 1 day left of week 18 I thought I would get my act together and comment on it. The book says we are a sweet potato, 5.5 inches long and still 5 ounces. That means that our little peanut grew taller, but not heavier this week.
They are still measuring just head to butt - the legs don't come into play until the next week or maybe the week after. You will notice a dramatic jump in inches and then later on when the peanut starts to pack on the much needed chub the weight will increase.
I'm told the baby will get most of its baby fat in the last few weeks, so for right now we have a little Kate Moss on our hands. Of course, without the cocaine. Duh!
There's not too much to report this week. I'm still feeling good, my sleep comes and goes. The weekend was terrible but last night, finally in my own bed was amazing. I woke up rested and happy. I slept so badly the night before that I was cranky and irritable all day yesterday. (Sorry honey!) My humor was gone and my ability to bounce back from something as simple as a missed turn in the car was non-existent. I know when I'm not myself and I don't like it.
I'm back today! Our super exciting ultra sound is Thursday morning and I can't wait. I haven't been feeling the movement yet, but based on all the other tests it is clear that our Peanut is a mover and a shaker. That's about it for now. More at the end of the week!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment