Thursday, September 9, 2010

Week 17

This week we are possibly the most boring vegetable ever.  However, I dig the idea that at 5 inches long and 5 ounces we are growing and growing. 

I certainly can feel the growing and swelling baby.  It is much harder to hide the "bump" under normal clothes.  Ironically under regular clothes I look like I've been eating cupcakes and moonpies, but when I add the longer maternity shirts the effect is clearly "baby".  This might only be in my head, but if I gives me comfort, so be it - don't poop on my pregnancy parade.

My "last" pair of pregnancy pants arrived yesterday.  I bravely bought a pair of pants (used) off of eBay.  I must say they are in amazing condition and I don't think they got much wear.  They are currently being washed, because while I will wear used clothes I won't do it without a significant jaunt through the machine.  I want to wash out the hebbie jeebies. (It doesn't spell check, but it feels like a word.)

I may tire of the new wardrobe that I have acquired, and the shopping bug may hit later on as the weather continues to turn more and more drab, but for now I think I'm set.

The side sleeping thing is going ok.  I'm bonding with the pillow and not waking up throughout the night to kick it off the bed.  I found that tucking it between my knees seems to be the most comfortable.  I like to fall asleep on my side but I always wake up face up.  The OB said this is ok, but when I notice that I'm on my back I should try to turn over. 

Lately I have been waking up tired.  This may have something to do with the fact that I'm not sleepy at night and am only getting about 6 hours of sleep, but the last couple mornings Jason's alarm has gone off and I've slept right through.  In the two years we have been co-sleeping that has never happened.  Maybe baby is a bit of a drain on my system.

In really good news, we went to the gym yesterday.  The doctor mandated that if we were working out that I had to keep my heart rate under 140 bpm and at first that was quite disappointing, but yesterday after the summer hiatus, and my growing body, the 140 was not only a good workout, but I had to tone it down a little because I was feeling pressure on my lower belly.  I switched machines and that was better.  It is possible that during pregnancy the elliptical machine that I love so much is not a good fit.   27 year old Chelsey was a jogger before pregnancy and managed to keep running up until the end. I love and hate her at the same time.  I'm not expecting my body to react like a 27 year old body, but I hate when the 15 year difference is apparent.   (sad). 

Trips to the gym WILL become more regular and each one will help with the post baby recovery.  I do want my body back and I'm willing to fight for it. 

That's about it for now.  I'm off to another baby shower this weekend, but have been promised that no games will be played.  We're going to have dinner and be girls.  I'm carpooling with Chelsey and the new baby so we'll be on baby time.  I may be able to get home at a reasonable hour.  Thank you baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment