The baby stuff has started to invade our home. In spite of a mini-meltdown at Babies-R-Us, this weekend we aquired three wonderful items for our little dude or dudette. I was just slightly overwhelmed by the amount of stuff BRU thinks you need to have.
The BRU in Southcenter is closing and moving to a "superstore" across the street. We were the last to know, but still managed to picked up the fancy baby monitor we wanted for about 50% less than retail. Woo Woo. This thing is great, there's the listening station which will live by the baby and two receivers that will live with mommy & daddy. It also has a sensor that lives under the mattress that detects if the baby hasn't moved (aka breathed) in certain intervals. It won't prevent SIDS but it will let us know if our little person isn't breathing.
We also picked up a "pack n' play" which is a "portable" crib that doubles as a playpen later on. It will, at first be the baby sleeping station when she/he is sleeping in our room at first. Later, when junior transitions to the crib it will live downstairs for playtime and general corralling.
Lastly, a fancy "swing". This baby thing is amazing - it does that front to back rocking that babies love, but you can move the seat around so it goes side to side if that is their calming motion. It has a little sound machine that plays music, nature sounds and a heartbeat sound. Since my stomach growls all the time, I'm wondering if we can record it and then play it on the iPod over the little speaker, to make our little person feel at home.
This rocker is pretty big, but swings from a pedestal rather than the traditional over the head set up, I like that I won't be risking brain damage when lifting the baby in and out.
There are other things to get, a crib...but that will come next month on the new pay cycle. I'm guessing this Christmas will be all baby stuff. I have enough stuff and the baby has three things, well 5 if you count the cute M&M store onesie and bib we picked up in Las Vegas. I totally do!
I believe we will be prepared and we only have to prep for the first year, it's not like we have to pick a college and pay for it now. Right???

2 comments:
Make sure and not buy too much. Leave stuff for the rest of us to buy you!! Hang in there Mama! xoxox
Thanks Auntie Jody! We will leave plenty to buy, we wanted to focus on things that were too expensive to ask for, and things that our little newborn friend Jordan could use when she's at our house.
Trust me, there WILL be a list a mile long for any possible baby shower event that may occur.
Post a Comment