Monday, June 28, 2010

This is all so new

I am acutely aware of my girlie region these days.  Normally, I only notice my uterus on the mildest of cramping days during my period.  Now, I'm aware of every little twinge.  The book(s) say that in addition to the big contractions I'll get at the end of this process that the pregnant ladies uterus contracts through the entire pregnancy.  Right now it is making room for the big basketball it is about to grow.

I did experience some scary symptoms over the weekend.  I peed, which is happening a LOT lately and when I cleaned up there was some residue on the paper.  I wouldn't call it spotting because while it was certainly blood it was not new blood.  I retreated to the "non-hard labor" stage, leaving Jason to do all lifting of anything over 20 pounds and my dreams of bike riding went out the window.

Using the helpful books I looked up the situation and am assured it is normal at the 5 (1/2) week mark and that it could be the result of the placenta forming.  The danger signs are fever, severe cramping and BLOOD.  I have none of those.  I have a call into the OB and her nurse is supposed to call me back.  Now that the 'residue' has stopped showing up I'm feeling more relaxed and am sure I am fine.

Actually, other than my upper back which is tight and painful at times I am feeling FANTASTIC.  I'm sure I will regret that statement as "morning" sickness hits in the 5th or 6th week, so I'm not out of the woods yet on the barfing front.  If I get there I will certainly share.

There can be no appropriate graphic for the above news, I'll switch gears and tell you that my parents are over the moon excited.  Jason already is the king of the world in their eyes for marrying their 41 year old spinster daughter, but knocking me up has elevated him to a new level.  It is cute, but damn people... I WAS IN THE ROOM TOO!!!


I found this picture at my favorite site "CakeWrecks" and am sure that my parents wish they had thought of it first.  Wouldn't you be so excited to dig into THAT at a party?  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously??? That cake had my name on it?

tp_gal said...

Yes, apparently you are quite the stud.

Congratulations!

Post a Comment