It turns out I don't have to go back to the lab every other day for the rest of my life. In fact, when I go today I don't have to go back until they call me and ask me to. Whew.
The first test came back, mostly great. My HgC levels were on the money but my Progesterone was a little low. Not scary low, but enough to warrant a nifty little pill that I "take" once per day. The instructions on the bottle say "take one per vagina." I only have the one vagina, so I guess it is a one a day pill. I've been informed by the nurse and the pharmacist that it is inserted into the vagina, and since it is a small pill it isn't a horrible experience.
With a baby coming, I suppose I should get use to all sorts of things up there. When my girlfriend was in labor (and I was invited to be there with her and her husband) I noticed right away that everyone that walked in the room got to put their hand up her pretty hospital gown. I refrained, but honestly it probably would have been ok. She just laid there and took it.. but I think she had other things on her mind.
Back to me, while I'm not thrilled that we have a low test score, I'm happy to see I have a doctor that will test for such things (I've read that many OB's don't) and that there's a therapy. Sadly, progesterone is the key factor in morning sickness and now that I'm getting a booster I can already feel myself be a little less excited about the food in my house. I only have to take it for the 1st 12 weeks and we officially hit 6 weeks today.
So, this is all good news. Happy little bean is getting the hormones that he/she needs.
No comments:
Post a Comment