Friday, June 25, 2010

I'm selfish!

While the hour is early yet, and the time to make the donuts is not upon us, I am one to think ahead.  I always have done that, and my wise friend Jen tells me that a baby will change that.  No longer will I plan every weekend of the summer before Memorial Day.  I'm ok with this adjustment in my future.  The world will no longer be about me and my needs.

Today, I am needlessly worried about the baby room.  We have two guest rooms and it is perfect when my parents visit at the same time Jason's parents visit.  We have room for everybody.  Giving this kid a place to live outside my uterus will displace a guest room.  GASP... of all the horrid things going on in the world how can THIS be something anyone cares about? 

See, I told you I am selfish.  One of the many things about our house that I love is that there is room for both sets of parents to visit at once.  Which means we don't have to skip a Christmas with a set of parents.  Losing a comfortable place to sleep for one set of parents sucks.  I'm doing some creative rearranging in my head and will work something out...we will not have people in a hotel while we live in a four bedroom house.  That is unacceptable.

I'm thinking of how our spacious office can be both a guest room and the office or converted when needed.  The office is used a lot considering I work at home, but I will not put my mom or Jason's parents on a couch.  It is bad enough that my dad sleeps on a couch downstairs (he gave up stairs when he realized that while he could make it up them, he would never get down. - damn that diabetes... she is a bitch!)

Most of the time this will not be an issue, but while we have parents (grandparents!!!!) we will accommodate them comfortably. 

For a while, this kid will sleep in our room so the nursery can be a hybrid.  Eventually, I'm sure that Jason and I will want to get back to a private sleeping arrangement and having a 16 year old in a crib at the foot of your bed isn't exactly private. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment