That's the sound of me expressing frustration.
The OB's nurse called me back and told me to come in for a blood test to test for the pregnancy hormone HgC. The blood draw was fine, but for the baseline they drew four vials (ick).
As I was leaving the phlebotomist (I tried to spell check it, my options are photo chemistry, lobotomise, lobotomy) area she called out to me "See you Wednesday!"
Wednesday..why? So what the nurse didn't explain on the phone is that they want to test the HgC levels every other day to make sure it is increasing at the correct rate. I wasn't prepared to have to drive over there three times this week and next and ... sigh. I"m sure that they won't need this for three weeks in a row. I'm not sure how they will deal with the air travel on the 12th if they still need to test. If things are normal after a few times, maybe they will give me the all clear. Until then I'll be a pin cushion.
I will do what is necessary to keep this little bean healthy (hello!? I gave up wine. That is all the assurance you should need.) but I'm throwing a little pity party about the multiple "shots" I have to endure.
The other bad thing... the nurse said that I have have two weeks of "full pelvic rest." You have to look that one up for yourself, but I will say... this newlywed is unhappy about the forced chastity. I do have a medical reason to skip the gym and not carry anything heavy for the same period of time, but sheesh... we planned a romantic weekend at the beach in a fantastic ocean view room with a hot tub. We now won't be bringing wine for our romantic evening on the deck by the fire, and I can't use a hot tub and now the other fun hotel activity is off the menu as well. Shoot, I guess it will be a long weekend of scrabble for us.
1 comment:
No hot tub, 4X9 double headed shower.
Post a Comment