Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It all starts here



Ok, well it didn't "start" here, but without the personal details I will tell you that we talked and talked and went back and forth about possibly trying to have a baby. We spent a crazy weekend with friends who have two and walked away thinking, it was exhausting and fun. We opted to remove "the firewall" (also known as the anti-baby device) and see what happened.

Funny thing... about three weeks later we had a different set of friends over for dinner and they brought their twin 4 year olds and it scared the bejezzus out of us and we decided to put the firewall back in and relax a little bit.

Well, they say you CAN get pregnant on the first outing, but come on that only happens to teenagers and movie stars like Kathrine Heigl in Knocked Up. It doesn't happen in real life to a woman over the age of 40 who has never ever been a regular ovulator. Right? Wrong.

Don't get me wrong, we are ready, willing and able to take on this new adventure. We are happy and excited. But, truth be told...scared shitless.

I know that once the word is out that we are expecting a baby that we will get all sorts of advice from every corner of the world. I see it happening with a friend and I giggle a little bit because as long as my news is mostly under wraps, I'm safe from all those helpful tidbits.

The cloak of knowledge about the Bean is actually pretty wide, both sets of parents have been informed. While it is REALLY early, there was no hiding my avoidance of coffee and wine over the weekend while they were visiting. Telling my dad on father's day that he's going to be a grandpa was something I couldn't pass up. I guess I'd rather let them share in the happiness and risk the disappointment than not say anything and share after the fact that we "were" pregnant if something bad happens.

My brain is firing in a thousand different directions at the moment. It's too much to take in for this one post. I will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment